HearUS! Alopecia Areata Awareness Month 2017
We're excited to announce that NAAF is launching the HearUs! Challenge in celebration of Alopecia Areata Awareness Month! The Challenge is a four-week awareness and fundraising campaign that will engage our community in weekly conversations, activities, and challenges as you raise awareness and funds to benefit NAAF in our ongoing efforts to provide education, support, and research for the alopecia areata community! The top fundraisers, awareness raisers, and weekly challenge winners will win awesome prizes!
Each week we invite you to respond to a HearUs “question of the week”. The top 10 answers for each category will then be made into a downloadable “resource pack” for our community to enjoy.
Each of the 4 weeks in September will have a theme—and a question that goes along with each theme:
- Hear Me
- Hear My Loved Ones
- Hear My Community
- Hear Us
It starts Friday, September 1 at noon ET!
How You Can Help
As a passionate member of our community, we know that you want to help out in every way you can.
Right now, we need your commitment!
- Set up your fundraising page. Donating is amazing, but if you can become a fundraiser and reach out to your entire network, the potential for raising more money and awareness increases dramatically! And by doing so, you qualify for prizes!
- Get ready to respond to the weekly challenge questions! Once you set up your page you will start receiving updates and questions of the week! Share your responses with us by emailing them to email@example.com to be posted on the NAAF Facebook page. You can also share your responses on your own Facebook page and on Twitter using the hashtag #NAAFHearUs.
All you have to do is go here: HearUs! and click 'Become a Fundraiser.'
Once you start your fundraiser, make sure to update your personal page with the story of why this is important to you, adding some pictures that illustrate your passion. Please share it with everyone you know and start raising money.
If you're not able to set up a fundraiser, please consider giving a meaningful donation. We're really passionate about raising our voices, awareness and funds this month and can only imagine the amazing things we can do with the money raised!
During the Campaign, you will have chances to win gifts and prizes! The Top Fundraiser and the Top Awareness Raiser will each receive a new IPAD! Other weekly prizes for “Question of the Week” winners include:
• Free registration at the 2018 Annual NAAF Conference in Scottsdale, Arizona
• Alopecia Apparel T-Shirts and Hats
• Autographed copy of Head-On, Stories of Alopecia by Deeann Callis Graham
• Skype meeting with one of our top researchers
• And more!
Please sign up today! The first 50 people to create a fundraising page, share it and donate will receive an Alopecia Apparel, “What is Alopecia?” t-shirt!
EVERY donation makes a difference, no matter how big or small. We are at such a clear turning point – let’s do all we can to work together to realize our vision! A world without suffering from alopecia areata.
Thank you in advance for your support. If you have any questions at all, please email Maureen Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.